Just this week, I came across a blogger who I could totally identify myself with. Christian, check. Asian, check. Loves Type, check. Loves pretty things, check. So, I followed her around. I followed her on wordpress, bloglovin’, and instagram. Today, I got giddy because she nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Elle of HeyJayel.com!
Nope, I won’t be getting any trophy or I won’t be giving any thank you speeches on stage when I win. According to the Liebster Awards website (it’s in Spanish so you may want to use google translate if you don’t understand the language), it’s actually a chain. It provides bloggers, especially new ones, the opportunity to expand their network and connect with other people in the blogosphere. Lovely, isn’t it?
Now, here are the rules I got tagged with.
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
And here are a few more things that I got from the Liebster Awards site:
* The nominees become winners when they respond to the questions given them and nominate other blogs immediately.
* The Liebster Award Icon should be visible on your blog as a widget. It is recommended that you use the pink logo first and if you win again, the green logo.
Now, onto some Rorie Trivia.
11 Things About Me
1. I am a Broadcast Communication graduate currently working as a Process and Policy Specialist for a company’s Finance Department.
2. I was .01 away from graduating as Magna Cum Laude. Forgive me for blowing my own horn. It’s just one of those “almost there but didn’t quite make it” experiences that I have.Then again, there’s a reason for everything. 🙂
3. I have been conceptualizing my wedding since I was 18 and had changed my theme and motif three times already since then.
4. My ultimate dream is to become a wife.
5. My boyfriend and sister say I am highly empathic.
6. I love patterns and prints. I particularly love aztec and ethnic prints.
7. I believe that Bacon, Jollibee’s Chickenjoy and Chocolate Chip Cookies are served in heaven.
8. I participated as an extra in two local commercials already. My back appeared in a noodle commercial and my hand in a Mineral Water commercial. There, I feel famous. Haha.
9. I have 4 credits on IMDb. That’s because I used to work for a Commercial/TV/Film post production company.
10. I don’t wear high-heeled shoes. Well okay, only if it’s super necessary. I’m the sneakers and sandals kind of girl.
11. I think I might be a dabbler.
11 Questions from Elle
1. What do you like most about your hometown?
I like that it’s a laid back place. You wake up everyday, able to breathe in fresh air and get on the day without feeling the need to hurry. I like it best though because my family’s there.
2. Which song best describes your life right now?
C.S. Lewis Song by Brooke Fraser. “If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,I can only conclude that I was not made for here.”
3. What is your favourite late night/ midnight snack?
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Doritos.
4. What is your weirdest quirk?
I’m not sure if it’s weird but I fold my lips a lot even if I’m not nervous.
5. Which superhero/Disney princess did you want to be when you were younger?
I wanted to be Belle of Beauty and the Beast. No profound reason there; I just wanted to be pretty.
6. Do you have a catchphrase? If yes what is it?
How you doin’? Wait, no, that’s Joey’s.
I don’t think I have one really but I use the infinitive phrase “to be perfectly honest” quite a lot. Also, when you talk to me, expect to hear a lot of adverbs like honestly, eventually, primarily,etc.
7. What’s the funniest/weirdest nickname ever given to you?
“Ngipin” which means “tooth” in Filipino. I had an accident when I was a kid, I lost HALF of each of my two front teeth. Our school principal, thus, referred to me as “Ngipin”. I didn’t find it funny at all when I was a kid.
8. Tell me one thing that people don’t know about you?
If I tell you then I would have to kill you. Kidding. I just stole that line from Jamie Sullivan.
When I was kid I got really obsessed with the canadian boyband, “The Moffatts”. I spent most of my allowance buying their posters which I plastered on my bedroom wall. One summer, I had chicken pox and had red splotches all over my face. I felt so ugly that I’d cover my face whenever I’m in the room. Why? I didn’t want The Moffatts to see me. Haha. I was that imaginative.
9. Has something happened to you that you didn’t believe would ever happen to you?
I grew up in a very strict, catholic family and now I am a born again Christian. I can say it’s one of the biggest (and best) surprises of my life.
10. If you could call yourself another name, what would you name yourself?
Kulay. It’s the Filipino word for “color” and it’s going to be the name of my future child. Haha.
11. Who do you admire most in the whole world?
Mushiness aside, my mother. She is the most selfless person I know.
Okay, I get to let others join in the fun now!
Here are my nominees:
I’m fairly new so I only have five. Here are my 11 questions for them (explanations are optional):
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up (opening your eyes and reaching for the alarm clock given)?
2. What is one thing that you didn’t believe before that you believe now?
3. What do you think is at the end of a rainbow?
4. What is one thing you wish you can do but can’t?
5. If you were a kind of shoe, what would you be?
6. If you can claim to be the author of a currently published book, what book would it be?
7. What is your comfort food?
8. What movie made you cry the most?
9. If you can have your own country, what would you name it?
10. What reality show would you willingly star in?
11. What are you thankful for today?
There you have it. I’m taking off now. Time for others to experience the fun! 😀